Sunday, August 28, 2011

Journal 2


I don’t have a driver license, so I usually take buses or ride my bike to go around here. For the first time I came here, my relative picked me up by car, and I’m so amazed because the transportation in the US is really safe and modern. The local streets and high ways are wide and nice because of planting a lot of trees and grass on roadside. Moreover, they’re constructed and divided logically, so the traffic of vehicles is easy. People can drive their cars to go their destination quickly by using free way systems. In addition, it’s not difficult to change the direction. For example, when they want to turn right or turn left, they can change the lane which is just for people who want to make a right turn or left turn. In contrast, the traffic in my country is very tangled, since the construction of streets is not good. The streets are often small while there is usually the high traffic, especially on prime time. Furthermore, the traffic jam there is a very very big problem. If you visit Ho Chi Minh City and travel on rush hours, you’ll easily get stuck in a traffic jam. Besides that, it’s very terrible if there are traffic jams in rainy season because of flooded streets. The most different between the traffic in my hometown and the one in American is the quantity of motorbikes which is the most popular mean of transportation in my country. To me, although the public transportation in my hometown is not good and safe as the one in the US, it’s very easy to go around the city by buses and cabs. When I want to go somewhere in the city, I just wait about 15 minutes at the bus stop or bus station whilst it takes a large amount of time for waiting bus in Orange County. It’s also hard to take a cab on the street if don’t have the phone number of that service. Therefore, I’ll learn how to drive and then take a driving test to get the license. When I pass the test, I’ll buy a car to get around here easily.

8 comments:

  1. Driving in Southern of California is a very good experience... so I hope you get the driver Licence early, buy a car, and enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will try to get the license soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I hope you pass the test, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your writing style. You can say clearly what is the inconvenience of the transportation in VN and give people a lot of information. I really learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was difficult to get driver license for me,however,I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rode a motorcycle in Ho Chi Minh city around district 1. It was exciting! ....and I think, very dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is an interesting experience, but in fact I'm scared to ride a motorcycle there because of its danger.

    ReplyDelete