Wednesday, October 5, 2011

American food

American food makes me immediately associate it with fast food such as hamburger, French fries, and protein smoothies. I can easily find a fast food restaurant here with several different brand names such as Mc Donald, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Jack in the Box, In-N-Out, Carl’s Jr. Although fast food is not a heathy food, I still like it because it’s convenient and easy to find anywhere. Besides that, I also love American barbeque, it’s delicious and I have a lot of fun when make a barbeque with my friends.
People in my countries eat rice as main meal. However, there are many American food restaurants have developed there such as KFC, Pizza Hut, and Domino. Therefore, Vietnamese youngsters tend to eat out rather than to eat at home. They usually eat at the restaurants at night or on the weekend, especially many prefer to celebrate their birthday parties there.

5 comments:

  1. When I go out with my friend. we rarely go to a fastfood restaurant for a birthday. Perhaps, I get older and now the younger people do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMm...protein smoothies! Do you think a place like "Juice It Up" or "Jamba Juice" is an American thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is really convenient for people to eat fast food since they don't have much time.
    But I find delicious Vietnam restaurant here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sean: Yes, I think they are very American and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Evelyne: Oh, really? What's kind of Vietnamese food do you like?

    ReplyDelete